The art and science of facilitation!
By the end of the course, you will have learned how to:
Prepare for and facilitate an inclusive and productive conversation
- Bring stakeholders onboard to share their experience and make decisions together
- Help people from a range of backgrounds and experiences come together as one
- Manage power imbalances and bring everyone to the same level
Prototyping to Learn is hands-on and fully immersive. Expect a mix of activities to support learning-by-doing complemented with academic rigour and grounded in the reality of working with diverse communities.
Over 4 weeks, you will get an opportunity to:
- Meet change-makers from all around the world with different perspectives
- Facilitate conversations on an issue that you're passionate about
- Make mistakes and learn as a team, and get coaching and guidance along the way
Introduction to facilitation (8 June 2021)
- What is facilitation?
- Why is it helpful?
- How is it used?
- What makes for a successful facilitator?
Principles of facilitation (15 June 2021)
- What are the principles of facilitation?
- What do they look and sound like in action?
- How do we think about power and voice?
Preparing to facilitate (22 June 2021)
- What do you need to prepare to facilitate?
- How do you bring the right people into the space?
- How do you prepare to facilitate an inclusive and productive conversation?
Facilitating a conversation (29 June 2021)
- How do we set expectations?
- How do we help people work together towards a common goal?
- What are the common challenges and how do we overcome them?
How to facilitate for the long-term (6 July 2021)
- Why is taking action important?
- How do we hold people accountable?
- Where to next after facilitation?
Why learn from us?
Our expertise is recognised and sought after.
We continually evolve our approach and we love to share what we’ve learned along the way. We use real-life examples and encourage others to share their experiences and questions.
What attendees have said about our courses
"It's a great opportunity to creatively learn applied and theoretical design thinking!"
"I’m thankful to have been a part of Design for Impact. It has allowed me to dedicate time each week in learning Systems Thinking from the basics with the participation of an engrossed team of thinkers from around the globe."
"What I appreciate most is the various points of view I have access to from a group of designers with diverse backgrounds and expertise from around the globe."
"Design for Impact has helped give me the knowledge and skills I needed to enter a career in Design. Abram is an excellent instructor and has taught me the fundamentals of UX design and research."
Frequently asked questions
Do you tailor and run your courses for organisations?
We can and have done for a number of organisations. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
How much time will I need each week?
Between the live sessions and team assignments, you'll need about two hours a week. We often find that the more time people can spend, the more they will get out of the course! If you don't have that much time over a four week period, we recommend waiting until you do. This course will challenge you intellectually and personally, and you'll need to spend the time to get the most out of it.
How will I join a team?
You can do the course alone or as part of a team. If you choose to join a team, we will assign you to a team based on your shared interests and time zones. This helps in making sure that you can work well with your team and explore topics that are of interest.
Do you offer refunds?
We offer a 30-day money-back guarantee! If you're not amazed at what you're learning, email us within 30 days and we'll give you all your money back! No questions asked.
What if I can't afford to pay?
We offer scholarships are for people who are struggling financially, living in developing countries, studying or looking for work.
Our only ask is that you join a special feedback group to help improve the course :)
Core course modules$1500
Certificate of Completion$99
- What's included
- Core course modules$1500
- Team Project$800
- Coaching Sessions$450
- Community Support$99
- Certificate of Completion$99